So, I really did try and post these pics yesterday but I only had a limited amount of time and of course my computer decided to be pokey AND I was trying to go to bed before midnight, so here they are today on Thursday. Kind of fitting really, this being the 1st of December. Getting a real tree for Christmas in Manhattan is a wee bit different than the burbs. You can leave the city and go and cut one down but if you don’t have ready access to a car, no worries, there are trees on many a corner. There are many beautiful options and best of all I get to feel nostalgic for Canada as most of the trees are from the mighty province of Quebec! We will be tree hunting and decorating this weekend and I can’t wait! There really is nothing better than the smell of a real tree in a cosy apartment. And of course there is some adventure and a bit of hunting type behaviour as you try and pick out the perfect tree, hoist it on your (Ron’s) back, carry it through the maze of people on the sidewalk and then try and it fit it in the elevator only to realize that it really did look smaller on the sidewalk ;) Happy decorating my friends and Hello December!!
Bake It Happen
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again wp.me/p13dUp-1Ge #lifeinnyc 1 day ago
- Dopey showing support for National Domestic Violence Month! Thx @petbox @LYDorg #purpleyourpet #DVAM http://t.co/mCXqDGKKTD 1 day ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again wp.me/p13dUp-1Ge 1 day ago
- @BJMuntain @CTAPinSK no problem! Happy Birthday :) 2 days ago
- @CTAPinSK @BJMuntain The General, Schillers, Dirty French. Lots of yummy options- Google Time Out NY for awesome suggestions too. 2 days ago
- Not sure if I should be worried about how excited I am about the arrival of my new SlowCooker. #wildpartyanimal 2 days ago
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: Finding A Splash Of Color In The Rain wp.me/p13dUp-1Gc #nyc #lifeinnyc #fallinnyc 1 week ago
- RT @pizzebrunetti: If you are in the #WestVillage you should probably eat here now! #Dinner #4Courses #For2Just$45 #pizzamonth #nyc http:/… 1 week ago
- RT @ottawahealth: Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today’s tragic events. Here is where to reach out if you need to talk: http://… 1 week ago
- RT @CBCOttawa: Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, identified as the soldier who was shot, killed at the War Memorial today. #cbcOTT #OTTnews http://t… 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wordless Wednesday: A Walk From The East Side To The West Side
- Everyone's Going Back to School Except Me- Weird.
- Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: National Running Day
- Holy F*%K, I Live in NYC!!
- Fabulous New Find: Fort Tryon Park and The Cloisters
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- It's Friday And I am Thinking About Feet!
- A Little Face Time With Rob Lowe ;)