So, I really did try and post these pics yesterday but I only had a limited amount of time and of course my computer decided to be pokey AND I was trying to go to bed before midnight, so here they are today on Thursday. Kind of fitting really, this being the 1st of December. Getting a real tree for Christmas in Manhattan is a wee bit different than the burbs. You can leave the city and go and cut one down but if you don’t have ready access to a car, no worries, there are trees on many a corner. There are many beautiful options and best of all I get to feel nostalgic for Canada as most of the trees are from the mighty province of Quebec! We will be tree hunting and decorating this weekend and I can’t wait! There really is nothing better than the smell of a real tree in a cosy apartment. And of course there is some adventure and a bit of hunting type behaviour as you try and pick out the perfect tree, hoist it on your (Ron’s) back, carry it through the maze of people on the sidewalk and then try and it fit it in the elevator only to realize that it really did look smaller on the sidewalk ;) Happy decorating my friends and Hello December!!
Bake It Happen
- RT @pizzebrunetti: If you are in the #WestVillage you should probably eat here now! #Dinner #4Courses #For2Just$45 #pizzamonth #nyc http:/… 33 minutes ago
- RT @ottawahealth: Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today’s tragic events. Here is where to reach out if you need to talk: http://… 34 minutes ago
- RT @CBCOttawa: Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, identified as the soldier who was shot, killed at the War Memorial today. #cbcOTT #OTTnews http://t… 1 hour ago
- RT @GOTRNYC: Read about our #SoleMate Jodi as she prepares for the @nycmarathon to support Girls on the Run NYC again this fall! http://t.c… 1 hour ago
- My heart is heavy today. Thoughts and prayers to all friends and family in #Ottawa. RIP brave soldier. 3 hours ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Finding A Splash Of Color In The Rain wp.me/p13dUp-1Gc 3 hours ago
- Lazy Saturdays with no plans are the best kind of Saturdays. :) 4 days ago
- @PrettyAllTrue awesome. 4 days ago
- @babette_sm @roofproject wouldn't want to work with anyone else! Great event for a great cause!! 5 days ago
- @heatherdaune right? Dog so not impressed. 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wordless Wednesday: Finding A Splash Of Color In The Rain
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- It's The Weekend And We Are Going To Bake For A Good Cause!
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play!
- Yes, I cook while listening to Akon radio, how about you?
- We Baked For A Great Cause And You Can Too!!
- Wordless Wednesday- A Beautiful Fall Walk Along The Hudson River NYC
- Wordless Wednesday: The Polar Vortex of Negativity