This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
- New Post: While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play! wp.me/p13dUp-1DM #lifeinnyc #kidsatcamp 1 day ago
- Sitting in a sunbeam reading a good book. #heavenly #summer 1 day ago
- I have all the fixings for a delicious watermelon salad for dinner tonight. Ah summer, I do love you so. 1 day ago
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play! wp.me/p13dUp-1DM 1 day ago
- I have two snoring dogs beside my bed. For once I am grateful for the white noise of the air-conditioner. 2 days ago
- This Saturday afternoon may call for a nap. 3 days ago
- Word! RT @runnersworld: Our favorite tweet-able #runningtips bit.ly/1Af9zNE http://t.co/ryJBz5bRFS 3 days ago
- My buddy and I watching #TheWire. http://t.co/8xd9BMFTuX 5 days ago
- Wow! RT @isardasorensen: #NYC glitters like gold tonight at twilight. http://t.co/UKKXkdhIHj 1 week ago
- @WendiAarons awesome. 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play!
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Wordless Wednesday: Saying Goodbye To A Faithful Old Friend
- The European Adventure: Prague
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: "Beyond The Fog Lies Clarity" -Anonymous
- Delicious!! A Trip to Carlos (The Cake Boss) Bake Shop
- Wordless Wednesday: Change of Scenery: Montreal, Canada
- It's Been Almost A Year: "Top Ten Things I Say In NYC All The Time"