This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
- RT @nycgov: Those in the immediate area of the #EastVillage fire should protect their health with these steps: on.nyc.gov/1E6vsTi 3 days ago
- RT @NYCMayorsOffice: A reception station is open at P.S. 63: 121 East 3 St. If you know anyone who lives or works in buildings near the rec… 3 days ago
- RT @weeddude: More images —> RT @BuzzFeedNews: More aerial photos shared by @NYPDSpecialops show the fire in East Village, NYC: http://t.co… 3 days ago
- RT @cnnbrk: 3 critically injured after explosion levels part of NYC building. Pic from @ABC7NY cnn.it/1NjY2At http://t.co/Ik2c0wRZdX 3 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Chasing The Sun Along The Reservoir wp.me/p13dUp-1KO 5 days ago
- I am sitting in my apt and my feet and nose are cold. Where are you spring? #turnuptheheat 6 days ago
- "Pedal Your Blues Away..." wp.me/p13dUp-1Ky 1 week ago
- @heatherdaune that stinks. In NYC, we give the head nod and smile! 1 week ago
- @Kaatieroo I miss your face KJ 😀💜 2 weeks ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Spring Running: It Is Here!!! wp.me/p13dUp-1Kx 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
- Sunday Morning- NYC Can Be Yours Alone
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: Soul Sucking Slush
- Wordless Wednesday: Day Trip to South Norwalk, CT
- It's Friday And I am Thinking About Feet!
- Rugged Maniac: So. Much. Fun.
- Wordless Wednesday: Spring Running: It Is Here!!!