This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
- I just checked to see if they had turned on the heat. I need to toughen up. 3 days ago
- Hello October! #lifeinnyc #bryantpark #nyc #manhattan #fallinnyc instagram.com/p/8S-0X0tgjs/ 5 days ago
- Catching up on @TheGrinderFox. Hilarious. Love @RobLowe and @theFredSavage. 5 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday: The Cupcake nycitsalwaysanadventure.com/2015/09/30/wor… http://t.co/OJIQzqTvem 5 days ago
- It's supposed to rain for the next week. Won't stop our training! #TSCNYCMarathon #nyrr #training… instagram.com/p/8QTr0gtgoE/ 6 days ago
- I #StandWithPP. Change your profile pic and show your support for reproductive health & rights! → ppact.io/changeprofilep… 6 days ago
- Perfect afternoon for fall #baseball. #wsll #riversidepark #lifeinnyc instagram.com/p/8G7EbiNgn-/ 1 week ago
- Empty 77th street behind the #AMNH. Not something you see every day. The excitement builds. #Pope… instagram.com/p/8Du96Btgmv/ 1 week ago
- And the barrage of helicopters begins. #popevisitsnyc 1 week ago
- @AliJanid thanks she is loving it. 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- A Little Dose of Fitness Reality
- Wordless Wednesday: The Polar Vortex of Negativity
- The European Adventure: Prague
- Miserable In Manhattan (Rain Sucks!)
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrating Awesomeness!!
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop