This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
- LGA to YOW. 1 day ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Taking It One Step At A Time… wp.me/p13dUp-1LE 1 week ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Spring Cold AND NYC Pollen Tsunami wp.me/p13dUp-1LC 2 weeks ago
- #CentralPark is hopping today as the whole city wakes up and enjoys its big backyard! We managed to… instagram.com/p/2OxHGeNgr6/ 2 weeks ago
- RT @ditzkoff: British line of Royal succession is now: 1 Charles 2 William 3 George 4 #RoyalBaby 5 Dowager Countess 6 Benedict Cumberbatch… 2 weeks ago
- Saturday morning. #springinnyc #lifeinnyc #nyc #manhattan #uws instagram.com/p/2LwfA1Ngn7/ 2 weeks ago
- A little girl for the #royals. How lovely. Congratulations! 2 weeks ago
- Happy May!! #lifeinnyc #springinnyc #may #nyc #manhattan #uws instagram.com/p/2JUsEhNgo1/ 3 weeks ago
- RT @ThislsAmazing: The moment before the most famous album cover ever was photographed. 1969 http://t.co/msJ04vrnwE 3 weeks ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Finding The Happy wp.me/p13dUp-1Lx 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- NYC And The Migraine
- Summer in Manhattan- Where Did Everyone Go?!
- Wordless Wednesday- Sights Around The City (In Pictures)
- Wordless Wednesday: Taking It One Step At A Time...
- Wordless Wednesday: Day Trip to South Norwalk, CT
- A Little Dose of Fitness Reality