This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
Bake It Happen
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again wp.me/p13dUp-1Ge #lifeinnyc 13 hours ago
- Dopey showing support for National Domestic Violence Month! Thx @petbox @LYDorg #purpleyourpet #DVAM http://t.co/mCXqDGKKTD 18 hours ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again wp.me/p13dUp-1Ge 21 hours ago
- @BJMuntain @CTAPinSK no problem! Happy Birthday :) 1 day ago
- @CTAPinSK @BJMuntain The General, Schillers, Dirty French. Lots of yummy options- Google Time Out NY for awesome suggestions too. 1 day ago
- Not sure if I should be worried about how excited I am about the arrival of my new SlowCooker. #wildpartyanimal 1 day ago
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: Finding A Splash Of Color In The Rain wp.me/p13dUp-1Gc #nyc #lifeinnyc #fallinnyc 1 week ago
- RT @pizzebrunetti: If you are in the #WestVillage you should probably eat here now! #Dinner #4Courses #For2Just$45 #pizzamonth #nyc http:/… 1 week ago
- RT @ottawahealth: Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today’s tragic events. Here is where to reach out if you need to talk: http://… 1 week ago
- RT @CBCOttawa: Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, identified as the soldier who was shot, killed at the War Memorial today. #cbcOTT #OTTnews http://t… 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wordless Wednesday: Walking To The East Side And Back Again
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: Finding A Splash Of Color In The Rain
- Wordless Wednesday: We Went For A Walk
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- We Baked For A Great Cause And You Can Too!!
- It's The Weekend And We Are Going To Bake For A Good Cause!
- Wordless Wednesday: Starting The Day With A Different View
- A Little Face Time With Rob Lowe ;)