This past weekend after A’s band performance it was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk. We soon found ourselves at the top of Sara D. Roosevelt Park. Sara D. Roosevelt Park stretches all the way from East Houston Street down to Canal Street. As we walked along the park to the south end to get to the super fun playground I was amazed by all the different activities taking place. There were literally hundreds of people out enjoying the incredible weather. We saw games of soccer, football, catch, handball, chess, poker, polo on bikes (!), basketball as well as bird feeding, people watching, napping, families picnicking, lovers snuggling, buskers busking, panhandlers begging and daydreamers dreaming. It was truly a slice of NYC life coming alive and enjoying the spring like weather. Here are some pics! Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
March 14, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Life in NYC, Living in Manhattan, Parkin in Chinatown NYC, Parks in Lowertown Manhattan, Pics of NYC, roosevelt park, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Wordless Wednesday | Leave a Comment
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: Trimming the Tree 2013 wp.me/p13dUp-1uh 9 hours ago
- RT @MommasGoneCity: Hey @Homejoy. Not cool using my images in your ads without permission or even asking. Remove immediately. pls rt http:/… 12 hours ago
- RT @ebaltazar_nyc: Permission from US Dept of Ed? Not needed--just pull out of RTTT, @JohnKingNYSED #NYCEdForum 13 hours ago
- Alright who's making dinner? Crickets. I guess I'm on deck. 13 hours ago
- Me!!!!! RT @nyrr: Who's waiting to hear about @nycmarathon AND #nychalf? #runchat #runnerproblems 13 hours ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Trimming the Tree 2013 wp.me/p13dUp-1uh 15 hours ago
- Whoa. I am waving the white flag on this night. Is it a full moon? 1 day ago
- @DrKimFoster wooooosaaaaa! :) 2 days ago
- Is it really going to snow #NYC?? I don't want to be disappointed ;) 2 days ago
- Yes!! RT @DrKimFoster: What are the chances we can all agree to stop asking the question "So, are you ready for Christmas yet?" 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wordless Wednesday: Trimming the Tree 2013
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- The Magic of New York City During the Holidays
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Wordless Wednesday- Sights Around The City (In Pictures)
- Wordless Wednesday: 104 Days of Summer Vacation...
- Wordless Wednesday: The Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden
- Staycation- NYC Style!