Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- Fall in #NYC- the best season. 1 hour ago
- RT @eonline: It's official: Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughn are starring in #TrueDetective season 2! eonli.ne/1uEOPKB http://t.co/rbcrjB… 1 hour ago
- RT @nyrr: 50 reasons fall in #NY is the best via @timeoutnewyork #1: @CentralParkNYC is a magical multicolored wonderland http://t.co/ABmQV… 1 day ago
- RT @Epic_Women: This is so very true. http://t.co/8oYN0BtQ5y 1 day ago
- Good morning! Love that the weekend is here. Enjoying a little tea and @nytimes. Have a wonderful day!! 3 days ago
- RT @isardasorensen: #NYC glitters tonight at #twilight. http://t.co/xABwsj4snH 4 days ago
- New Post: Wordless Wednesday: The Telephone Booth wp.me/p13dUp-1ES #lifeinnyc 5 days ago
- @strollerincity agreed 👍😀 5 days ago
- @msfreshfish yes!!!! #wooosaaa 5 days ago
- @strollerincity I think Sept and Oct are the best months of the year in NYC. Need to enjoy it before the dreaded W word :) 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play!
- Wordless Wednesday: One Last Day At The Pool...
- Wordless Wednesday: A Little Ice On A Smoking Hot Day
- Wordless Wednesday: The Night Before School Starts...
- Wordless Wednesday: The Telephone Booth
- Wordless Wednesday: Biking in Central Park
- A Magical Moment- The Disney Store Times Square
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- 10 Miles in Central Park- Hell Yeah!