Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- #RobFord, confusing voters every damn day. Hilarious video by @BlackBurroFilms- take a look! youtu.be/C283Az2mw6Y 1 day ago
- @Kaatieroo awww, shucks ;) 1 day ago
- @blackburromedia @Kaatieroo @1nonlyrochan8r hilarious!!!! Will pass it the people need to know ;) 1 day ago
- The weather is gorgeous, people are leaving in droves... Ahhh... Just the way I like it. #nyc #longweekend #friday Have a great one!! 3 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday: One Last Day At The Pool… wp.me/p13dUp-1EE 6 days ago
- Perfect day at the pool. Home tonight and back to reality. September looms... #familyvacay #orlando @HiltonGrandVac http://t.co/21GmrOSYrS 6 days ago
- Good morning. Another hot, hot, hot day in Orlando!! Getting ready to go to #HollywoodStudios. Woot! #disney #disneyworld 1 week ago
- Doesn't get much better than this @HiltonGrandVac http://t.co/91UfMChhxD 1 week ago
- Holding on to these last perfect days of summer. #orlando http://t.co/tnHpksXw1T 1 week ago
- Had to run on the treadmill here in Orlando today, I just can't run in 95 degree heat plus humidity. Thankful for A/C. #coldweatherrunner 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- A Magical Moment- The Disney Store Times Square
- Wordless Wednesday: One Last Day At The Pool...
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Everyone's Going Back to School Except Me- Weird.
- Wordless Wednesday: Saying Goodbye To A Faithful Old Friend
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- Wordless Wednesday: Day Trip to South Norwalk, CT
- Staycation- NYC Style!