Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- Happy July 4th! Thankful for our freedom and independence. Have a fantastic day 🎉 #july4th… instagram.com/p/4uHGdnNguB/ 2 days ago
- Summer nights. Happy July! #lifeinnyc #manhattan #nyc #riversidepark #summerinthecity instagram.com/p/4ngyrENgt1/ 4 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday: WE Survived Target! nycitsalwaysanadventure.com/2015/07/01/wor… http://t.co/Ev8DC71nex 4 days ago
- Look up, way up! #manhattan #nyc #skyline #CentralPark #lifeinnyc #summerinthecity instagram.com/p/4kPBMENgq3/ 5 days ago
- Sunday at the Met. #met #themet #metropolitanmuseum @metmuseum #lifeinnyc #nyc #manhattan instagram.com/p/4e-xPgNgsW/ 1 week ago
- When #lovewins it is a good day indeed. #loveislove 1 week ago
- And that's a wrap. #nofilter #nyc #sunset #uws #manhattan #summerinthecity #lifeinnyc instagram.com/p/4VPP5Etgjx/ 1 week ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Almost There… nycitsalwaysanadventure.com/2015/06/24/wor… http://t.co/o8vrHLQ5RH 1 week ago
- A little sad that #GOT is over BUT super excited to watch #TrueDetective and #Ballers. Love me some @hbo 2 weeks ago
- Our #GOTR 5K!!!!! So much awesomeness 😀 #gotrnyc gotrnyc #running #lifeinnyc instagram.com/p/4J0G_atgiH/ 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Sunday Morning- NYC Can Be Yours Alone
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Summer in Manhattan- Where Did Everyone Go?!
- Everyone's Going Back to School Except Me- Weird.
- Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
- Holy F*%K, I Live in NYC!!
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop