Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- Sitting in a sunbeam reading a good book. #heavenly #summer 3 hours ago
- I have all the fixings for a delicious watermelon salad for dinner tonight. Ah summer, I do love you so. 3 hours ago
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play! wp.me/p13dUp-1DM 5 hours ago
- I have two snoring dogs beside my bed. For once I am grateful for the white noise of the air-conditioner. 22 hours ago
- This Saturday afternoon may call for a nap. 2 days ago
- Word! RT @runnersworld: Our favorite tweet-able #runningtips bit.ly/1Af9zNE http://t.co/ryJBz5bRFS 2 days ago
- My buddy and I watching #TheWire. http://t.co/8xd9BMFTuX 4 days ago
- Wow! RT @isardasorensen: #NYC glitters like gold tonight at twilight. http://t.co/UKKXkdhIHj 5 days ago
- @WendiAarons awesome. 6 days ago
- @sarahmc_photo @CanadasNAC have fun! LOVE that show :) 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- While The Kids Are Away, Mom And Dad Will Play!
- Wordless Wednesday: CAKE!!
- Sunday Morning- NYC Can Be Yours Alone
- Wordless Wednesday- Sights Around The City (In Pictures)
- A Magical Moment- The Disney Store Times Square
- Wordless Wednesday: 104 Days of Summer Vacation...
- Wordless Wednesday: Walking Down Riverside Drive
- Immigrating to the Land of the Free- Field Trip to Ellis Island
- Wordless Wednesday: The Piers, Chelsea and the Meatpacking District