Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- @babette_sm word. 2 hours ago
- RT @DeanOkay: Next time you order coffee at Starbucks tell them your name is Bueller and then leave the store. 4 hours ago
- Oh little chocolate eggs, you are so damn tempting. 8 hours ago
- I really can't stand answering my phone during the day. Random telemarketers. Ugh. Why do I have a home phone again? 1 day ago
- This up and down weather is not good for my head. #migraines 1 day ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Starting to Bloom… wp.me/p13dUp-1Ah 1 day ago
- Woot!! Can't wait :) RT @OITNB: Only 44 days till #OITNB Season 2 starts! http://t.co/EW0tlaiaUc 2 days ago
- @RCreightonNYC bahahahaha!!!! 2 days ago
- Gorgeous day to be watching the kids play in the park and hang out with this handsome dude. http://t.co/HiVcVjV77p 2 days ago
- Good morning! Happy Earth Day. Last day of spring break, enjoying it by moving slowly. Tea and the paper, yes please. Have a great day!! 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wordless Wednesday: Starting to Bloom...
- Wordless Wednesday: Sucrerie de la Montagne (Visit to the Sugar Shack)
- Wordless Wednesday- Sights Around The City (In Pictures)
- Wordless Wednesday: Hello April!
- Wordless Wednesday: Sunshine and Easter Eggs
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- A Little Dose of Fitness Reality
- Wordless Wednesday: A Summer Morning in Times Square
- Delicious!! A Trip to Carlos (The Cake Boss) Bake Shop