Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- Is it really going to snow #NYC?? I don't want to be disappointed ;) 4 hours ago
- Yes!! RT @DrKimFoster: What are the chances we can all agree to stop asking the question "So, are you ready for Christmas yet?" 4 hours ago
- RT @EverythingNYC: Record Snowfall Expected Tuesday Morning Into Late Afternoon dnain.fo/1cl43di 8 hours ago
- Ah Monday, you are already starting out like a Monday. Trying to find the positive. Have a good day everyone :) 14 hours ago
- @Jims_Whim thanks for including me Jim :) 14 hours ago
- New Post : The Magic of New York City During the Holidays wp.me/p13dUp-1sX #NYC #HolidaysInNYC 23 hours ago
- Introduced the kids to Griswold's Family Christmas tonight. Hilarious. I may have snorted. Don't judge ;) 23 hours ago
- RT @SexCigarsBooze: Open Santa shaped chocolates with caution http://t.co/JS5CbrtWsU 23 hours ago
- Snow!! #NYC http://t.co/8EAFktffyR 1 day ago
- The Magic of New York City During the Holidays wp.me/p13dUp-1sX 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Magic of New York City During the Holidays
- Wordless Wednesday: The Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden
- Sunday Morning- NYC Can Be Yours Alone
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: Wish It Was Snow
- Everyone's Going Back to School Except Me- Weird.
- Wordless Wednesday: Getting Out of the Neighborhood
- Stalking Matt Damon And Manhattan Celebrity Sightings!