Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- RT @nycgov: Those in the immediate area of the #EastVillage fire should protect their health with these steps: on.nyc.gov/1E6vsTi 3 days ago
- RT @NYCMayorsOffice: A reception station is open at P.S. 63: 121 East 3 St. If you know anyone who lives or works in buildings near the rec… 3 days ago
- RT @weeddude: More images —> RT @BuzzFeedNews: More aerial photos shared by @NYPDSpecialops show the fire in East Village, NYC: http://t.co… 3 days ago
- RT @cnnbrk: 3 critically injured after explosion levels part of NYC building. Pic from @ABC7NY cnn.it/1NjY2At http://t.co/Ik2c0wRZdX 3 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Chasing The Sun Along The Reservoir wp.me/p13dUp-1KO 5 days ago
- I am sitting in my apt and my feet and nose are cold. Where are you spring? #turnuptheheat 6 days ago
- "Pedal Your Blues Away..." wp.me/p13dUp-1Ky 1 week ago
- @heatherdaune that stinks. In NYC, we give the head nod and smile! 1 week ago
- @Kaatieroo I miss your face KJ 😀💜 2 weeks ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Spring Running: It Is Here!!! wp.me/p13dUp-1Kx 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Sara D. Roosevelt Park
- Sunday Morning- NYC Can Be Yours Alone
- A Very Happy 40th Birthday To You!!!
- Wordless Wednesday: Soul Sucking Slush
- Wordless Wednesday: Day Trip to South Norwalk, CT
- It's Friday And I am Thinking About Feet!
- Rugged Maniac: So. Much. Fun.
- Wordless Wednesday: Spring Running: It Is Here!!!