Yesterday was our first real July 4th in NYC where we celebrated in the traditional (or so it seemed) American way. We were away for July 4th last year and had only been in the city for two whole days on our first official July 4th, three summers ago. This year, we were lucky enough to be invited to our friend’s pool club for the day. So we easily rented a car and escaped the city heat by driving over the George Washington Bridge and into the Palisades area, where we spent the day frolicking in the water and chillaxing in the sun. After the pool, we headed into the town of Nyack, New York to have dinner, wander the charming main street area (with a stop for ice-cream), meandering towards the water and finishing the fabulous day by viewing a spectacular show of fireworks. It was a wonderful day with friends and family. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday ;)
Wordless Wednesday (On Thursday): Celebrating July 4th
July 5, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Celebrating July 4th, Day trips from NYC, Escaping the city for July 4th, Fireworks, george washington bridge, July 4th 2012, July 4th Pics, nyack new york, pool club, Spending the day at the pool, Wordless Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday Pics | Leave a Comment
- Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. #happyfriday #positivity #lifeinnyc instagram.com/p/13uQzCtgml/ 14 hours ago
- Wordless Wednesday: 8 Miles- Boom. wp.me/p13dUp-1Ll 2 days ago
- RT @kamibigler: "In the end... I am the only one who can give my children a happy mother who loves life." Pin it:... fb.me/1OYDlvFcz 3 days ago
- RT @jenrutner: I wasn't planning to blog for #NIAW. So, surprise! "You Are Not Alone. Then Why Am I So Lonely?" #infertility http://t.co/zs… 3 days ago
- RT @universalsports: The elite women are off at the #BostonMarathon! Here's American @ShalaneFlanagan ( bit.ly/USNLive) http://t.c… 4 days ago
- Good luck to all the runners in the #bostonmarathon today! Run hard, run strong!! #bostonstrong 4 days ago
- Wordless Wednesday:The Colors Have Arrived! wp.me/p13dUp-1Lg 1 week ago
- RT @QuiltingMuriel: Benazir Bhutto, 1st woman PM of Pakistan, a Muslim nation, in 1988–90 & 1993–96. And America is still debating Hillary'… 1 week ago
- RT @GameOfThrones: 5 hours left and Drogon is still hungry #CatchDrogon 1 week ago
- Not a bad view on my run this morning. #running #runnyc #nyc #manhattan #lifeinnyc #springinnyc instagram.com/p/1YQV2uNgvG/ 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Summer in Manhattan- Where Did Everyone Go?!
- Everyone's Going Back to School Except Me- Weird.
- My 10 Simple Rules For Apartment Living
- A Little Dose of Fitness Reality
- The Importance of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- Wordless Wednesday: Day Trip to South Norwalk, CT
- Wordless Wednesday:The Colors Have Arrived!