I am proud to say that yesterday I voted in my first ever Presidential Election. Now that I live in the United States, I feel that it is my duty to exercise my right to vote here. Many other countries fight hard for the freedom that we enjoy and that is why it is incredibly foolish to not get out and let your voice be heard at the polling station. So, off I went. I stood in line, marvelling at the positive energy, enthusiasm and patience of my fellow voters. When it was time to cast my ballot I felt a nervous energy and excitement. After I voted, I hung out with my kids, volunteered at the school bake sale for voters (all proceeds to Hurricane Sandy Relief!) and then went home and sat on the couch anxiously awaiting the results. I don’t think I have ever been that nervous for an election, ever. I had also never been as informed about any election as I had for this one. When President Obama was announced as being re-elected I could barely contain my excitement and relief. YES, YES, YES!!!!!! And for all of you Canadian friends who were getting the guest room set up “just in case”- thank you 😉 Four more years, it is definitely time to move forward!!!
Wordless Wednesday: I Voted, Oh Yes I Did!
November 7, 2012 by Sandra Guirguis
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Barack Obama, exercising the right to vote, I voted, life in Manhattan, living in NYC, NYC election, Obama 2012, Obama Victory, politics, voting, Voting in my first presidential election, voting in NYC | Leave a Comment
- Beauty on the way to the dog park. #walkingslow #springinnyc #nyc #lifeinnyc #lifeisgood @… instagram.com/p/BTOmvFRgocE/ 2 days ago
- My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 4/19/2017: 6,995 steps and 2.9 miles traveled. fitbit.com/user/2BPS9G 5 days ago
- Recovery with my favorite pal. A little PRP procedure on the Achilles. Hope to be back up and… instagram.com/p/BTB1ugjguVX/ 1 week ago
- My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 4/16/2017: 7,816 steps and 3.2 miles traveled. fitbit.com/user/2BPS9G 1 week ago
- All good things must come to an end. Happy to be heading home. #springbreak #california… instagram.com/p/BS9Jkz8gAU-/ 1 week ago
- My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 4/15/2017: 14,611 steps and 6 miles traveled. fitbit.com/user/2BPS9G 1 week ago
- My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 4/14/2017: 10,590 steps and 4.3 miles traveled. fitbit.com/user/2BPS9G 1 week ago
- I love this woman so damn much. #springbreak #california #grateful #lifeisgood @ Mission Beach Park instagram.com/p/BS4HftpAsvH/ 1 week ago
- My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 4/13/2017: 8,992 steps and 3.7 miles traveled. fitbit.com/user/2BPS9G 1 week ago
- Beach bums ❤️My favorite beach, my favorite girls. #happyplace #california #springbreak… instagram.com/p/BS1au81AAqB/ 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
Bake It Happen